This is the first post in my food series - hurray! Now I already know I am really, really terrible at baking, but for some reason I fare better in the breakfast department. I found it only fitting to start this off with a favorite fancy breakfast of mine: baked eggs.
This recipe is based off of this one I found and tried a while back, but the great thing about eggs are they're so versatile and can be customized basically any way your palate desires! Here's how I made mine:
- - - - -
1-3 organic cage-free eggs
3 tablespoons butter
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
4 strips of bacon (or any cured meat -- pancetta might be nice!)
grated parmesan or romano cheese
coarse ground salt
freshly ground pepper
• preheat oven to 400º
• place one tablespoon of butter on the bottom of each ramekin you'll be using for your eggs
• pour a little of the heavy cream to coat the bottom of your dish
• chop cooked bacon and add to dish (you can also add some spinach or sun dried tomatoes for a twist!)
• carefully crack your desired amount of eggs on top of your mixture
• liberally sprinkle salt and ground pepper over your eggs
• add parmesan or romano cheese
• bake for 12-14 minutes depending on the consistency you like your eggs.
* note: because of the cream, your eggs might look a little runny still -- this is perfectly normal!
That's it! Easy-peasy right?
I hope you guys have fun with this one. If you're a feta type of person, I imagine it might be good with that too but I despise feta cheese! The great thing about this recipe is it can honestly go several different ways and still tastes just as delicious. Happy breakfasting.